PAXTON, MA. -- The Lesley Women's soccer team shut out the Anna Maria Amcats by a score of 3-0 for their second straight win on Thursday night. The Lynx jump out to a quick 2-0 start, while the Amcats fall to 0-2 on the season.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Lesley scored first in this one, with senior Claire Hounslow getting things started in the 28th minute. Hounslow scored her second goal of the season, getting past Amcats goalie Rachel Matloff.
- Freshman midfielder Emily Winkels was up next for the Lynx. Winkels scored her first collegiate goal in her first start. She was able to control a rebound off the post and put it in for the second Lesley goal. Chloe Kouyoumdjian was credited with the assist, her first of the year.
- Four minutes later, freshman Abby Kalou scored her first collegiate goal as well. Haile Carrillo-Hayes picked up the assist as Kalou picked up a putback off of a save by Matloff.
- The Lynx were in control for most of the game, taking thirteen shots on goal compared to Anna Maria's one. Matloff saved nine of Lesley's shots, while junior goalkeeper Audrey Calhoun picked up the shut out by saving the Amcats' only shot.
- Lesley's defense held strong in front of Calhoun, led by the group of starters of senior captain Kerrie Larson, senior Kayleigh Chicas, freshman Isabella Danna, and sophomore Keira Bergman.
The Lynx continue their travel for a match against Simmons College on Saturday September 4. Kickoff will be at 1 PM.