BEVERLY, MA. -- The Lesley Women's soccer team got back in the win column with a 2-1 double overtime win against Endicott College. The Lynx now sit at 5-2-1 on the season, while the Gulls drop to 1-1-1.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Both teams were aggressive in the first half, but neither found the back of the net. The Lynx took 6 first half shots, while the Gulls took 4.
- The second half saw the Lynx turn on the jets, but Endicott ended up striking first. Morgan Hubert got the Gulls on the board in the 53rd minute off an assist by Chloe Waldron, though that was all Endicott would be able to do against Lynx goalkeeper Audrey Calhoun.
- Though they were only able to get one past Gulls goalkeeper Jacqueline Ruggiero, Lesley was more aggressive in the second half. They took fifteen shots, with Claire Hounslow being the one to tie the game in the 70th minute. Hounslow's third goal of the season would be the last scored in regulation.
- After one scoreless overtime, the Lynx jumped on their first opportunity in the final ten minutes. Emily Winkels put a shot on net that Ruggiero saved off of the crossbar and it fell right to Macey Merlo, who put it back in to send the Lynx home with a victory.
- Calhoun earned her fifth win of the season, putting her at 5-1, while Ruggiero matches the Gulls' overall record at 1-1-1. Hounslow led the Lynx with seven shots, while Jaymie Caponigro led Endicott with five.
The Lynx play their first home and conference match of the season when they welcome New England College on Saturday September 25th at 7 PM.