FRAMINGHAM, MA. -- The Lesley Women's Soccer team shut out the Framingham State Rams 3-0 on Wednesday night. The Lynx advance to 8-3-1 on the season, while the Rams fall to 4-9-1.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx were on the attack early, with Macey Merlo striking first in the fifth minute of the match. Isabella Danna found Merlo for the score to pick up her first collegiate assist. Merlo's goal was her second of the season.
- Merlo's score was the only one of the first half, but the Lynx never let up. They outshot the Rams twelve to two in the first forty-five minutes, as the Lynx defense held strong in front of goalkeeper Audrey Calhoun.
- The second half was an active one for Juliana Rossini, who picked up a goal and an assist over the last forty-five minutes. Her score came off an assist from Calli Masters in the 53rd minute, while her assist came on Courtney McCluskey's third goal of the season in the 84th minute.
- Calhoun continued an incredible season, logging her seventh win and fifth total shutout of the year. She now holds a 71% save mark over her nine games this year. Calen Frongillo took the loss for Framingham, saving five of eight shots sent her way.
- Rossini led the Lynx with four shots, while McCluskey, Merlo, and Emily Winkels each took three. Megan Ethier, Camryn O'Leary, and Abigail Kurtzer each had one shot for the Rams.
The Lynx are back in action on Saturday October 16th for a conference road game against Eastern Nazarene at 1 PM.