AMHERST, MA. -- The Lesley Women's Soccer fell to the Amherst Mammoths 6-1 on Saturday afternoon in the first round of the NCAA DIII Women's Soccer Tournament. The Lynx finish an incredible season with a 14-4-1 record, while the Mammoths advance to the second round of the tournament.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Amherst took control early, scoring two goals in the opening ten minutes. Ruby Hastie was involved in both of them, scoring the first in the 5th minute and assisting on the second. The Mammoths' second goal was scored by Sierra Rosado in the 8th minute.
- The Mammoths added one more first half goal in the 19th minute as Patience Kum scored one of her two goals in the match, this time assisted by Sophia Fikke. Amherst outshot Lesley in the first half nine to two, though the Lynx made their attempts count.
- Lesley got one back before the first half ended, with Kayleigh Chicas doing the honors off of a free kick. Chicas's second goal of the season just went over the head of Mammoth's goalie Mika Fisher to find the back of the net.
- Carter Hollingsworth made it 4-1 Mammoths in the 62nd minute, with an assist from Natalie Landau, and Kum's followed that up with her second goal ten minutes later in the 72nd minute. Sarah Sullivan gave Amherst one more score in the 83rd minute to make it a 6-1 lead.
- Landau led her side in shots with four, while Juliana Rossini and Chloe Kouyoumdjian each had two for Lesley. Fisher picked up the win, saving three of four shots, while Audrey Calhoun took the loss.