Johnston, VT.-- The Lesley Women's tennis team opened the 2019 NAC Conference campaign with a 7-2 victory over Johnston State Saturday afternoon. The win advances the Lynx to a 2-1 record, while the Badgers drop to 0-3.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Lesley opened the doubles portion with a clean 3-0 sweep. Maddie Abbott (Portland, Me) and Grace Jovanovich (West Bloomfeld, MI) defeated Grace Page and Sam Kershner in the No. 1 doubles with a score of 8-4.
- Duos Mary Pulling (Whitman Hanson, Mass.) and Morgan Anderson (Bedford, Mass.) in the No. 2, followed by Summer Lamprey (Webster, Mass.) and Joselyn Martinez (Somerville, Mass.) in the No. 3 closed out the doubles sweep for the Lynx.
- Anderson opened the singles portion in the No. 2 slot with a 6-2, 6-4 victory for the Lynx.
- Jovanovich, Lamprey, and Kiki Karavas (Canton, Mass.) added singles wins to earn the Lynx the 7-2 match win.
- NVU-Johnston claimed the victory in the No. 1 and No. 3 singles matches, with Page claiming the match over Lesley's Abbott, 6-3 and 6-2 and Iris Soreno earning the win over Pulling.
Lesley is back on the road for another NAC Conference match at Northern Vermont-Lyndon Sunday afternoon at 1pm.