Chicopee, Mass.-- The Elms College Blazers hosted a tri-match for visiting Lesley University and Salem State on Saturday afternoon. The Lynx dropped both matches on the day but earned their first set victory since their first match on the season in the opening set against Elms College. The pair of losses bring the Lynx to a 1-10 record and are 0-2 in NECC Conference play.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
Lynx 1, Blazers 3
- Lesley claimed the first set 25-22 before dropping the next three 25-14, 25-18, and 25-16.
- Dakota Stewart led the Blazers with 24 assists, 26 digs, and 6 kills without an error on 12 attempts. Danielle Redding had a match high 11 kills and added 18 digs with 7 aces to help the Blazers in the conference win.
- Maile Counts and Cassidy Wygonik each tallied 10 kills and 17 digs to lead Lesley, while Tallin Goldberg served up 24 assists.
- The Blazers held an 18-6 advantage at the service line and narrowly out-hit the Lynx, .117-.115.
Lynx 0, Vikings 3
- Salem State claimed the match on three straight sets, 25-19, 25-20, and 25-15 to secure the sweep.
- Cassidy Wygonik continued to pace the Lesley offense leading all players with 13 kills and added a team best 7 digs.
- Maile Counts was close behind with 9 kills, and was one of three Lynx players to add 6 digs on the defense. Ashley Keeney and Chloe Proietto each chipped in the other 6 digs. Tallin Goldberg served up 19 assiss in the match.
- Darcy McDowell paced the Vikings with 12 kills and 9 digs. Emily Hennessy added 10 kills and 8 digs, while Samantha Chaisson had 16 digs to keep the Lynx from scoring.
The Lynx host their first home contest of the season on Tuesday October 2nd when the host Baypath University for another NECC match up.