Cambridge, Mass.-- The Lesley women's volleyball team dropped an NECC conference match against Mitchell College on Saturday afternoon, 3-1. With the loss, the Lynx dropped to 3-12 overall and 0-4 in conference. The Mariners earned their first win on the season and sits at 1-11 overall and 1-2 in conference play.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Mitchell won the match in four sets, claiming the opening set 25-19 and the final two 25-22, and 25-19. The Lynx earned the second set victory 25-18.
- Newcomer Maile Counts continues to prove her offensive dominance for the Lynx earning a match high 15 kills in the loss. She also chipped in 9 assists and 10 digs. Teresa Imbsweiler was next behind Counts with 9 kills and 10 digs. Sophomore Tallin Goldberg set up the offense with a match high 24 assists, and also had 10 digs.
- Nikki Gerald lead the Mariners 11 kills, and Lauraissa Amaker had 8 kills with 14 digs.
- After an early 7-1 run by Mitchell to go up 10-4, the Lynx responded with a 6-1 run to bring it within a one point set. Both teams exchanged points, but the Lynx were never able to string any significant runs together to take the lead.
- The Mariners held the lead for most of the second set, until a kill by Counts gave Lesley a 16-15 lead. The Lynx closed out the set on a 10-2 run for the victory.
- Set three proved to be the biggest battle of the afternoon with both teams exchanging points and staying within three points most of the set. It was the Mariners who claimed the win and the 2-1 advantage.
- Mitchell opened up the final set of the match on a 8-0 run, and never let the Lynx get within 6 for an easy set 4 win and 3-1 victory.
Lesley travels to Newbury College on Tuesday October 9th as they continue their NECC conference play.