NEW LONDON, CT. – The Lesley women's volleyball team came up against a tough conference opponent Mitchell College, getting swept three sets to none. The Lynx fall to 3-6 on the season and 0-2 in the conference, while Mitchell advances to 6-6 and 1-1 in the conference.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Mariners took the first set by a score of 25-9, spurred by a seven point run served by Lexi Hubbard. Hubbard had three aces in her run and four total in the match.
- The second set again saw long runs by Mitchell, with one led by Claire Binfield for six points and one for seven points by Bree Rudolph. Binfield had four aces in her run and Rudolph had two in hers.
- The final set was a runaway by Mitchell, thanks to a 14 point run by Cameron Childs. Childs had seven aces in her run and it was too much for the Lynx to overcome, as they went down 25-5.
- The Lynx were led by Cassidy Wygonik in kills with seven, while Tallin Goldberg led in assists with ten. Merceidiz Diaz and Allison Napoleon each had two kills for Lesley as well, with Napoleon also adding an assist.
- The Mariners were led by Rudolph, who had seven kills and four aces, and Childs, who totaled eleven aces in the match. Olivia DeLoach also earned six kills for Mitchell.
The Lynx travel again, this time to Fisher College for two matches tomorrow, Sunday September 29th. The matches will be set for 12 PM and 2 PM.