EAST LONGMEADOW, MA. – The Lesley women's volleyball team fell in four sets to conference opponent Bay Path College on Saturday afternoon. The loss brings the Lynx to 5-13 overall on the season and 0-5 in conference, while the Wildcats advance to 4-14 overall and 1-5 in the conference.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx put up a fight in three of four sets, forcing Bay Path to need 27 points to win the first. Mary Scharfer and Amy Dai served four and five points runs, but Bay Path held strong and scored their points in small bunches.
- Lesley held a 25-24 lead, but a service error from Nicole Pietrocola led the Wildcats to score three straight points to take the set.
- Pietrocola made up for it in the next set, getting three key kills near the end and serving a five point run to get the Lynx ahead early. Cassidy Wygonik had five kills and two aces in the second set to help Lesley to a 25-20 lead.
- Bay Path was all over the third set, opening up a 15-4 lead quickly. The Wildcats got a seven point run served by Khyarah Gaston-Feliciano to extend that lead to 22-5. Bay Path would take the set 25-8 and take a two to one lead.
- Scharfer helped the Lynx out early in the fourth set, getting two aces in a four point run. Talia Hicks gave the Wildcats a run of their own to take a 9-7 lead.
- Tallin Goldberg fought back with an eight point run that began with an ace and ended with four aces in a row. Lesley took a 17-13 lead after Goldberg's turn serving.
- Bay Path would not go down easily and took seven of the game's final eight points to steal set four 25-22 and win the match three sets to one.
- Wygonik led the Lynx in kills with 21 and Pietrocola added eight. Goldberg had a total of eight aces in addition to 27 assists. Scharfer added another four aces.
- Lydia Clifford and Delaney Ivas led the Wildcats with 12 and 11 kills, respectively. Clifford also had fourteen assists, though Gason-Feliciano led the team with seventeen. Gaston-Feliciano and Ivas also tied for the team lead with five aces each.
The Lynx return home for their final home game of the season against conference opponents Eastern Nazarene College at 7 PM on Tuesday October 29th.