LEICESTER, MA. – The Lesley women's volleyball team lost their final match of the season to Becker College by a score of 3-0. The loss brings the Lynx to 5-15 overall and 0-7 in the conference, while the Hawks advance to 10-15 and 3-4 in the conference.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx started well, keeping pace with the Hawks in the first set to an 8-8 tie. Yesenia Aviles was able to get Becker going with an eight point run that included two aces to stretch the Hawks lead.
- Lesley held strong for the rest of the rest set, taking points in twos and threes while limiting the damage done by Becker. But they were unable to catch back up and dropped the first set 25-19.
- Becker went out to a 2-0 lead in the second set and never let Lesley get in front. The Lynx were able to tie the score at 6, but then let the Hawks take eight of the next eleven points and fell too far behind.
- Sofia Cullina later served a four point run to extend the Becker lead even further. The Hawks took the second set 25-14.
- The third set also began in Becker's favor. Evelyn Sheehan served a three point run early, then after one Lynx point, Morgan Gould served a seven point run to extend the lead to 14-4.
- Mary Scharfer served a comeback attempt for the Lynx that saw them score five straight points, but it was too little too late. Becker took the final set 25-17 and the match 3-0.
- Nicole Pietrocola led the Lynx in kills with six, while Allison Napoleon added five. Tallin Goldberg had thirteen assists and Scharfer had four aces. Gillian Criddle led the Hawks with eight kills, while Gould had 21 assists.