WESTFIELD, MA - The Lesley Men and Women's Cross Country teams raced in the James Earley Invitational, hosted by Westfield State University on a rainy Saturday.
INSIDE THE MEET:
- Five Trinity runners finished in the top five spots for the men's 8K race. Trinity, Westfield State, and Springfield earned the top three spots in the men's varsity. Trinity, Worcestor State, and Westfield State were the top three teams in the women's 5K.
- Senior Kayla Ranere finished top for the Lynx, with a 5K time of 21:43 and a mile pace was 6:59.7. Ranere finished in 118th place overall.
- Cynthia Ramos was next for the Lesley women, finishing with a time of 25:16. Kathryn Pope finished third and Karyn McEvoy was fourth.
- For the men, Jalen Philogene was the top runner on the day. Philogene finished in 174th place with a time of 32:27 in the 8K and a mile pace of 6:31.8.
- Vladimir Mendoza came second for the Lynx at 33:20, with Max Krikorian and Ethan Merians finishing third and fourth.
The Lynx are back on the course on Saturday October 19th hoping for better weather for the Suffolk University Invitational.