BOSTON, MA - The Lesley Men and Women's Cross Country teams raced in the Suffolk Invitational on Saturday afternoon. The races were hosted by Suffolk University and featured 21 women's teams and 24 men's teams.
INSIDE THE MEET:
- The races took place at the Franklin Park cross country course and featured the Battle for Boston Common, a competition between Suffolk and the other schools surrounding the Common.
- Senior Kayla Ranere followed up a PR in her last race with a great 5K time of 22:37.4. Ranere finished 85th out of 202 runners.
- Tayla Mayberry finished first for the Lynx with a time of 22:27 and a mile pace of 7:13. Mayberry and Ranere were followed by Macey Merlo at 23:00.5 and Audrey Calhoun at 28:18.6.
- The Lynx women finished 17th overall as a team with 486 points. Smith, Stevens Institute, and Colby-Sawyer rounded out the top three teams on the day.
- For the men, Vladimir Mendoza finished first in the 8K. Mendoza finished in 174th with a time of 33:21, with Jalen Philogene following up in 17th with a 33:25 time.
- Max Krikorian and Ethan Merians finished third and fourth for the Lynx, with times of 36:43 and 39:32.
- The Lesley men finished 23rd overall with 706 points. The top three teams for the men were similar to the women, with Stevens Institute and Colby-Sawyer coming second and third, but Southern Maine managed to take the top spot.
The Lynx race again for the last time in October next weekend, with a Saturday race at Westfield.